A London restaurant is ditching the traditional bill at the end of a meal and is asking customers to simply photograph their food to pay for it. In the stunt by Birds Eye, diners at The Picture House pop-up restaurant are encouraged to photograph their meals and share them online. Instead of paying with cash, customers have to settle the bill with an Instagram photograph using the hashtag #BirdsEyeInspirations. Participants will be able to taste new chargrilled chicken and fish products from the Birds Eye inspirations range. The pop-up diner has been set up after research reveals that more than half of Britons regularly take photos of their meals.
- Mash-up: Birds Eye x Pop-Up Restaurant
- Digital Currency: Photos for food
- Social Behavior: Photos of food
- Social Influence: Sharing photos
- Technology: Mobile and Instagram
Source: London Evening Standard